More than 100 PESA Members and customers gathered March 5 for a day of networking and cultivating relationships at the Golf Club of Houston for the 21st Annual Explorers of Houston Golf Tournament.
The event’s strong turnout demonstrates PESA Members’ dedication to STEM education, as tournament proceeds support PESA’s education initiatives, including contributions to the IPAA/PESA Petroleum Academies.
The tournament was supported by title sponsor Schlumberger, as well as Baker Hughes, DistributionNOW, Energy Alloys, Exterran, Gardner Denver, TechnipFMC, Weir Oil & Gas and World Oil. Tournament participants helped support PESA Explorers of Houston to positively influence future leaders of the energy industry.
PESA Board Member and Energy Educators Committee Chair Galen Cobb, VP Industry Relations, Halliburton, opened the tournament with brief remarks welcoming attendees and thanking the teams.
Competing in a shamble format, the Schlumberger team won with a score of 115:
- Tom Moyers, Cameron, A Schlumberger Company
- Allen May, Scala Energy
- Mike Mills, Cameron, A Schlumberger Company
- Tom McKay, BP America Inc.
The Flexitallic team took second with a score of 113:
- Jerry Lavstovica, Flexitallic Group, Inc.
- Scott Long, Flexitallic Group, Inc.
- Jim Owsley, DistributionNOW
- Maurilio Hernandez, Flexitallic Group, Inc.
The Duff & Phelps team finished third with a score of 112:
- Michael Lateur, Duff & Phelps
- Andy Warren, Cyclone Steel
- Sean McBeth, TechnipFMC
- Don Johnson, Contanda LLC
Individual winners were:
- Closest to the Pin in 2: Allen May, Scala Energy
- Straightest Drive: Kevin Parks, Gardner Denver
- Longest Drive: Carroll Hall
- Closest to the Pin: Matt McLeary, BJ Services Inc.